Head to toes, we learn to flow
At this energetic and explorative stage of development, a sense of leisure and enjoyment of dance will continue to be promoted. Students in this class will begin to explore different music, styles, and energy in line with an expanding knowledge of jazz dance vocabulary.
GENERAL CLASS CONTENT
- Be able to identify some of the physiological benefits of exercise and good posture
- Indicate application of good posture and line in practice and performance
- Identify jazz terminology and demonstrate understanding by following exercises, sequence steps and choreography
- Be able to discuss different musical styles and either discuss or demonstrate the differences in movement and energy required for each
- Demonstrate correct responses to rhythm and counts
- Progress from dancing on-the-spot and demonstrate good use of the space
- Be willing and confident to perform.
A Jazz dance medley live performance on a specific theme or style they have enjoyed in class as part of and December Đance Showcase and P.A.S Festival.