My body and my head into Ballet
As students grow, and grow more familiar with their developing bodies we begin to learn and practice classical ballet technique - the foundation of most other dance forms. Both a technical and artistic exploration, students will learn and practice ballet vocabulary as well as musicality, rhythm and emotion in dance.
GENERAL CLASS CONTENT
- Be able to discuss some of the physiological benefits of exercise and good posture
- Demonstrate application of good posture and line in practice and performance
- Understand and use ballet terminology
- Indicate sense of artistic appreciation through practice and discussion
- Be able to perform a variety of rhythmical steps
- Indicate an ability to count their own steps and/or sequences
- Understand and maintain spatial perception
- Be willing and confident to perform
Live performance as part of P.A.S Festival and December Dance showcase.