Little daisies grasp the clouds
At this early stage, students will primarily focus on ballet and movement as a form of leisure and enjoyment. Utilizing storytelling, imagery, and a soft introduction to ballet terminology students will begin to discover the space/stage, musicality (rhythm/counting/music) and movement as a form of expression.
GENERAL CLASS CONTENT
- Follow narrative movement as led by the teacher
- Be able to identify ‘good and bad’ posture
- Identify some basic ballet terminology
- Demonstrate articulation and isolation of various body parts
- Follow simple rhythm exercises using different parts of the body
- Demonstrate what a ‘good’ dance space is in relation to other people and objects around them
- Be willing and confident to perform
- A narrative ballet dance as part of December Dance Showcase
- A narrative ballet movie based on a traditional story or fairytale to be shown as part of P.A.S Festival.