Music and singing classes aim to develop the joy of playing music and becoming well-rounded, musically aware students as opposed to simply learning how to sing or play an instrument. Students will discover their body as an expressive instrument, develop their listening skills and learn musical expression and creativity. Students will create and play music together across different cultures, genres and time periods.
General class content
- Discover the different musical styles from Brazil and Latin America
- Find and choose students own ‘voice’ through a percussive instrument, being individuals as part of a group ensemble
- Use a variety of techniques to learn a musical language playing a self-made or recycled instrument
- Throughout the year, depending on the group’s preferences and strengths, the teacher will propose public presentations within ATH and/or other venues.
- At the end of the year, students will create and present a performance as part of P.A.S Festival.