Me facing myself and others.
ATH offers a teaching program adapted to the physical skills and psychological development that characterize the different ages. The program includes a period of general drama training for all groups, followed by theatre productions.
During this time, children build their conception of themselves and their relationship with others. Consequently, in the 8-9-year-olds class, they learn how to play alone on stage. They will develop autonomy, independence, and responsibility with their actions. By leading a theatrical project together, they will learn the importance of supporting each other. On top of that, 8-9-year-old children start to memorize text and thus develop their language and learning skills.
GENERAL CLASS CONTENT
- Getting to know basic concepts of drama: acting, space management, theatrical vocabulary, etc.
- Construction of characters and dramatic situations through improvisation theatre techniques
- Students develop their theatrical vocabulary by learning a new theatre word every week in the beginning ritual.
- Individual and collective work on a new text every year
- Development of abilities and self-confidence both individually and as part of a group
Each class will perform a theatrical creation as part of the P.A.S. Festival.