It’s time for Experimentation
Every year, ATH proposes a different methodological approach to the students. These different exercises allow them to appropriate methods. They learn how to manage their body, emotions, create a character, and so on better. Those skills are considered more important than memorizing the text. The duration of the workshop is around 9 months; Giving enough time for the students to benefit from the proposed method. At the end of the year, a theatrical production made by the whole group and directed by the teacher is performed at the P.A.S. festival.
This class is open to everyone who is interested in Theatrical Art, willing to experiment in acting, being on stage, or just discover unexplored personal capacities.
GENERAL CLASS CONTENT
- Getting to know basic concepts of drama: acting, space management, theatrical vocabulary, etc.
- Construction of characters and dramatic situations through improvisation theatre techniques
- Individual and collective work on a new text every year
- Each year students discover a new drama method created by a famous drama master
- Discovering the work of a theatre director, learning how to manage actors on stage
- Development of physical and mental skills, self-confidence both individually and as part of a group
Each class will perform a theatrical creation as part of the P.A.S. Festival and/ or Theatre 21 program.