Dance classes are an active, energising form of exercise and expression for both children and adults alike. Learning, developing and then establishing technique and performance skills are the fundamental points in supporting students to become confident, energised individuals and performers
General class content
- Focus on jazz dance as a form of leisure and enjoyment
- Learn and develop jazz dance technique deriving from the Matt Mattox isolation technique
- Listen to and interpret a variety of musical styles and apply appropriate jazz dance vocabulary
- Discover both a technical and artistic appreciation of the dance form
- Students aged 4 - 5: Students will create a narrative jazz dance movie to be shown as part of PAS Festival.
- Students aged 6 - Adults: Each class will devise their own performance piece to be performed live as part of P.A.S Festival